Program : M.Sc. Specialized Dietetics
Four semesters program is designed to train the students in the different specialized fields of Dietetics which is the need of the hour. The students will be trained with a conceptual foundation base in Dietetics followed by opting for specialized areas like Diabetes and Cardiac Nutrition, Pediatric Nutrition and Renal Nutrition. This program will focus on the practical application of specialized dietetics in a clinical setting and total patient management.
Duration : 2 years (4 semesters) Full time
- B.Sc. Food, Nutrition and Dietetics, B.Sc. Food Science & Nutrition, B.Sc. Home Science (with specialization in Nutrition & Dietetics), B.Sc. Foods & Nutrition with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks.
- Students should have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in the undergraduate degree from a UGC recognized university with the following subjects as a part of their three-year curriculum: Human Physiology; Biochemistry; Basic Food Science; Human Nutrition; Diet Therapy
Procedure for Admission
Students have to appear for an Entrance Test and selected candidates will appear for the Interview.
The Master program is aimed at developing dietetic professionals in the field of Medical and Public Health, Community Welfare and Integrated Nutrition. The program collaborates with hospitals, medical organisation, allied health services, nutraceuticals and food industries. The academic and research collaboration is with renowned National and International Universities and Educational Institutions.
- To enable students understand the physiology, clinical biochemistry, metabolic changes and nutritional implications of the diseased state.
- To develop and update the practical management skill of nutritionist and provide relevant insights into contemporary development in clinical nutrition.
- To provide intensive hands on training in clinical nutrition, to be a competent member of specialized nutrition support team.
- To integrate alternate therapies like Yoga, Ayurveda in the disease care process to achieve a holistic approach in patient care.
- Have passion of Dietetics and have interest in specializations
- Want to grow and have the surge to learn more
- Have keen interest in research
- Wants to pursue doctorate in the field of specialized dietetics
- Specialized and Super Specialized Nutritionist, Dietitians, Consultants-Multispecialty and Super specialization hospitals, Clinics, Wellness Centres and Schools
- Academicians, Research Fellow and Medical Nutrition Writers
- Food and Nutrition Communication and Journalism
- Entrepreneur in the field of Food Production, Product Development, Research & Development
- Marketing team members for Pharmaceutical & Nutraceuticals, Wellness Industry
- NGO’s associated with Community Health.
- Super specialised Nutritionist & Diet Consultant (Full time or Online programs)
- International, National employment in online engagements and organizations of repute
- Research opportunities- Ph.D
- What is MSc (specialized dietetics)?
Dietetics is a discipline which is the science and art of the application of nutrition principles in total management of people who are suffering from a diseased state.
The knowledge base in the field of Dietetics has increased manifold in the recent past. In today’s era of super specialization an attempt to train nutritionists in specialized fields of Dietetics – Diabetes and cardiac Nutrition, Paediatric Nutrition, Renal Nutrition is the need of the hour. Thus the USP of the present program is to give the value addition of specialized training in the field of Dietetics specializations.
- How is it different from Master Programs in Nutrition and Dietetics offered by other universities?
The MSc Specialized Dietetics is a UNIQUE program which builds a strong foundation and a broad base in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics and also gives an additional component of an opportunity to get training in a specialized field of Dietetics – Diabetes &Cardiac, Pediatric and Renal.
- Will we get jobs as a general dietician OR ONLY AS specialized dietician?
The job opportunities of all students doing MSc Specialized Dietetics will be MORE than a regular MSc Food and Nutrition as the students besides getting the regular job of a Nutritionist in varied settings will also get an added benefit in a clinical setting.
- What is the advantage of joining this program?
The benefits of joining this program are the special features which include- High standards of knowledge comprehension and understanding with the eligibility criteria of only Food and Nutrition Graduates to be able to join the program; Excellent Faculty; Collaboration with medical organizations of repute with hands on training in a clinical setting; ICT enabled learning; Advanced methods of teaching and evaluation – Block teaching, Case study discussions, Research sharing sessions etc; Additional inputs in Nutrition and Ayurveda, Nutrition and Yoga, Fitness as an industry and Nutrition and Nutrition in Allied therapies.
- What are the job opportunities?
- Nutritionist in reputed specialized clinical care settings and general settings.
- Nutrition Consultant with specialists’ medical professionals.
- Nutraceutical Industry; Ayurceuticals – Nutritionist
- Food Industry – Product Development; Marketing
- Hospitality Industry and Wellness Industry– Nutritionist
- Media, Journalism.