Program : M.Sc. Specialized Dietetics
Four semesters program is designed to train the students in the different specialized fields of Dietetics which is the need of the hour. The students will be trained with a conceptual foundation base in Dietetics followed by opting for specialized areas like Diabetes and Cardiac Nutrition, Pediatric Nutrition and Renal Nutrition. This program will focus on the practical application of specialized dietetics in a clinical setting and total patient management.
Duration : 2 years (4 semesters) Full time
Eligibility : B.Sc. Food, Nutrition and Dietetics, B.Sc. Food Science & Nutrition, B.Sc. Applied Nutrition with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks.
Students should have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in the Undergraduate Degree from a recognized University with the following subjects as a part of their three-year curriculum:
Human Physiology/Basic Food Science/Human Nutrition/Diet Therapy/Biochemistry
The Master program is aimed at developing dietetic professionals in the field of Medical and Public Health, Community Welfare and Integrated Nutrition. The program collaborates with hospitals, medical organisation, allied health services, nutraceuticals and food industries. The academic and research collaboration is with renowned National and International Universities and Educational Institutions.
- To enable students understand the physiology, clinical biochemistry, metabolic changes and nutritional implications of the diseased state.
- To develop and update the practical management skill of nutritionist and provide relevant insights into contemporary development in clinical nutrition.
- To provide intensive hands on training in clinical nutrition, to be a competent member of specialized nutrition support team.
- To integrate alternate therapies like Yoga, Ayurveda in the disease care process to achieve a holistic approach in patient care.
- Have passion of Dietetics and have interest in specializations
- Want to grow and have the surge to learn more
- Have keen interest in research
- Wants to pursue doctorate in the field of specialized dietetics
- Specialized and Super Specialized Nutritionist, Dietitians, Consultants-Multispecialty and Super specialization hospitals, Clinics, Wellness Centres and Schools
- Academicians, Research Fellow and Medical Nutrition Writers
- Food and Nutrition Communication and Journalism
- Entrepreneur in the field of Food Production, Product Development, Research & Development
- Marketing team members for Pharmaceutical & Nutraceuticals, Wellness Industry
- NGO’s associated with Community Health.
- Super specialised Nutritionist & Diet Consultant (Full time or Online programs)
- International, National employment in online engagements and organizations of repute
- Research opportunities- Ph.D