Program: M Design (Fashion Design)
Four semesters program is designed to train the students in highly specialized areas in fashion design. The fashion world has advanced to an extent that it requires a designer who has the capability to serve the fashion industry in multiple ways. The course will enable students to get connected to concepts of fashion styling, fashion journalism, and fashion photography. The theoretical knowledge acquired and the practical experience gained will enable students to explore cultural factors that influence fashion trends, develop individual expression, and come up with creative solutions.
Duration: 2 years (4 semesters) Full Time
- Eligibility: B.Sc. Textiles & Apparel Design, B.Sc. Textile & Clothing, B.Sc. Textile Science and Apparel Design, B.Sc. Textiles & Fashion Technology, B.A Fashion Design, B. Design (Fashion), B .Fashion Technology, Sc. Fashion Design
- Working Professionals / Fashion Designers OR Any Graduate* with a minimum of two year experience in apparel & fashion industry. The Graduates will be expected to do a bridge course* to capacitate them with the basic knowledge of Fashion Illustration, Flat Pattern Making and Draping with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks.
- A basic knowledge of Textile testing, Fashion illustration, Fabric structure & weaving, Traditional textiles of India, Indian & world costumes, Basic and Advanced pattern making in their graduation program will carry additional weightage.
Procedure for Admission
Students have to appear for an Entrance Test and selected candidates will appear for the Interview.
- To study the trends, cultural and contemporary issues influencing the fashion design.
- To evolve professionally in the culture sensitive and highly competitive fashion industry.
- To enhance the knowledge of marketing and production management.
- To gain proficiency and ability to manage brands.
- To apply the language of visual communication of fashion.
- To develop the skills required to set up an entrepreneurial fashion business.
- Want to design and launch their own label of fashion
- Desire to work with fashion brands
- Have keen interest in fashion styling and fashion journalism
- Want to become fashion merchandisers
- Launch their careers in product development, brand management, and entrepreneurship
- Work as fashion designers, fashion stylists, textile designers, life style designers, wardrobe analysts, product managers and trend researchers
- Fashion bloggers, fashion editors, visual merchandisers, and export/retail merchandisers
- Work for fashion brands, design agencies, or magazines.
- International, national employment in online engagements and organizations of repute
- Research opportunities
- Higher studies
- Fashion Communication & Journalism
- Fashion Retail Management
- Visual Merchandiser