The program is designed to impart knowledge and skill to conceptualize and create new products and start entrepreneurial ventures. The program has a balanced outlook of theoretical knowledge with experiential learning. It involves understanding and application of business principles and practices for product ideation, incubation and development for a successful enterprise. The emphasis of the program is on the creation of brands of national international and global relevance with the help of local initiatives and promoting the concept of self – reliance (atmanirbharta) working within the framework of legal, economic and social guidelines. The main highlight of the program is the Modular Curriculum (4 Semesters), facilitating the Lateral Entry and Exit for Students, Entrepreneurs and Professionals. SVT Institution Innovation Council –Entrepreneurship Incubation and Placement cell- (Registered with Ministry of Education, Innovation Cell) , linkage for mentoring and assistance. The program is designed in a hybrid mode for both online and on campus class schedule
Duration : a. Postgraduate Degree- 2 year program (Four Semesters)( Full time)
b. Modular: Semester I ( Foundation Module) from June to October
Semester II (Developmental Module) from November to April
Semester III (Presentation Module) from June to October
Semester IV(Capstone Project) from November to April
- Graduate students (Bachelor’s Degree) of any discipline with 50% from a UGC recognised College/ University
Procedure for Admission
Interview will be conducted as the selection process
- Modular Curriculum (Semester Structure- 4 semesters) with lateral entry and exit for students, entrepreneurs and professionals
- Masters’ Degree from the prestigious Autonomous College of SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai
- Commence a pilot start up project
- Mentoring by team of experts from the related field of specialization
- Collaborations with Start ups, Business schools, Incubation Centers
- Blend of Entrepreneurial and Business courses (Practical and Theory)
- SVT Institution Innovation Council –Entrepreneurship Incubation and Placement cell- (Registered with Ministry of Education, Innovation Cell) , linkage for mentoring and assistance
- Expert Faculty from Industry
- Promoting “Atmanirbharta Bharat” Philosophy
- Process Oriented Learning- New product development (NPD): the process and the strategic reasoning ; product portfolio analysis; product innovation
- Relevant to the needs and aspirations of the millennial and progressive generation
- Develop entrepreneurial expertise in students
- Apply the interdisciplinary perspective in developing innovative products.
- Synthesize in-depth knowledge of management concepts in product innovation, development, and entrepreneurship
- Loop of consumer research, competitive benchmarking to go to market strategy, and feedback from consumer.
- Creating enterprises infrastructure to keep hold on the creation and making a business out of that.
- Develop working knowledge in Financial Management, Management Accounting, and MIS systems to take a leap in the world.
- Develop the digital marketing skills.
- Promote the concepts of ‘Make in India’ and ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’.
On completion of the program, the student will be able to,
- Understand the theories and processes in entrepreneurship and product development
- Apply the knowledge of entrepreneurial practices in business ventures and operations
- Design and create new products
- Handle concerns associated with securing and managing financial resources
- Integrate the knowledge acquired from specialized disciplines and apply it to the real life project of developing a new product
- Improve the skills of searching diversified sources including books, review publications, scientific journals, and Internet to select relevant and reliable information for the project
- Create a product concept that aims at finding and solving customers’ problems using perceptual mapping, trade-off analysis and qualitative techniques
- Evaluate the new product concept/project by screening, forecasting, financial analysis, and product protocol
- Create and evaluate a product development plan that include design, product testing, and development team management
- Create product launch strategy, perform market testing, and explain methods to implement launch strategy and manage the launch process.
- Identify the importance of digital marketing in Entrepreneurship
- Create business models and strategy for product and business management
- Nutraprenurs- Entrepreneurs in private clinics and diet practice
- Innovation Managers in Food product/ nutraceuticals ventures – Research & Development, Product development
- Intrapreneurs- Private sectors- Organizations
- Government agencies, NGO and Social Enterprise
- Start-up Companies
- Business consultant
- Project Report Development Consultant
- Product marketing managers and Market research analysts
- Blogger and Online Consultant
- Educational Resources Development
- Develop Software and Mobile Application
1. Why Do I choose this program?
Answer: This program will help you to prepare you for the future as an entrepreneur/ Innovator/ intraprenurial skills. You will be equipped with a deep understanding of core business competencies (finance, marketing, management and innovation). It will enhance the creative techniques (to address real work problems). Hone your personal leadership style and
Develop professional skills.
2. What are the merits of entrepreneurship and business development?
Answer: There are several merits of entrepreneurship, the most important being work satisfaction. An entrepreneur may have to fulfill multiple responsibilities but the satisfaction and self-fulfillment is unique. Apart from self-fulfillment, the merits of entrepreneurships are:
• Learning new things
• Flexible timings
• Freedom to take independent decision
• Generating employment
• Creating business opportunities
• Contributing to country’s economy
• Improving standard of living
3. What the modular program structure is as mentioned?
Answer: The Modular program structure enables the entrepreneurs and professional to join (lateral entry and exit) for a particular semester modules and take learning from the courses offered along with the full time program.
The modular structure is:
I. Foundation Module: Ideation, Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship& Management
II. Developmental Module :Incubation, Finance and marketing strategy
III. Presentation Module: Prototype, Business plan and Pitching
IV. Capstone Project: Implementing and executing the pilot project
4. What are the job opportunities after the program?
There are several opportunities:
1. Being Entrepreneurs and launch Start- ups
2. Managing Family Business
3. Intrapreneurs- working in organizations and helping to develop the business of the organization before initiating self business/ start up
4. Innovation Managers in Food product/ nutraceuticals ventures – Research & Development, Product development
5. Government agencies, NGO and Social Enterprise
6. Project Report Development Consultant
7. Product marketing managers and Market research analysists
8. Blogger and Online Consultant
9. Educational Resources Development
10. Content creation