The program is designed to impart knowledge and skill to conceptualize and create new products and start entrepreneurial ventures. The program has a balanced outlook of theoretical knowledge with experiential learning. It involves understanding and application of business principles and practices for product ideation, incubation and development for a successful enterprise. The emphasis of the program is on the creation of brands of national international and global relevance with the help of local initiatives and promoting the concept of self – reliance (atmanirbharta) working within the framework of legal, economic and social guidelines.
Duration : 2 year program (Four Semesters)
- B.Sc. in Home Science (Any Specialization) with 55% marks from a UGC recognized College/University.
Procedure for Admission
Entrance Test and Interview will be conducted as the selection process.
- Masters’ Degree from the prestigious Autonomous College of SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai
- Process Oriented Learning- New product development (NPD): the process and the strategic reasoning ; product portfolio analysis; product innovation
- Blend of theory and practical training with innovation in their chosen area of work
- Relevant to the needs and aspirations of the millennial and progressive generation
- Develop entrepreneurial expertise in students
- Apply the interdisciplinary perspective in developing innovative products.
- Synthesize in-depth knowledge of management concepts in product innovation, development, and entrepreneurship
- Loop of consumer research, competitive benchmarking to go to market strategy, and feedback from consumer.
- Creating enterprises infrastructure to keep hold on the creation and making a business out of that.
- Develop working knowledge in Financial Management, Management Accounting, and MIS systems to take a leap in the world.
- Develop the digital marketing skills.
- Promote the concepts of ‘Make in India’ and ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’.
On completion of the program, the student will be able to,
- Understand the theories and processes in entrepreneurship and product development
- Apply the knowledge of entrepreneurial practices in business ventures and operations
- Design and create new products
- Handle concerns associated with securing and managing financial resources
- Integrate the knowledge acquired from specialized disciplines and apply it to the real life project of developing a new product
- Improve the skills of searching diversified sources including books, review publications, scientific journals, and Internet to select relevant and reliable information for the project
- Create a product concept that aims at finding and solving customers’ problems using perceptual mapping, trade-off analysis and qualitative techniques
- Evaluate the new product concept/project by screening, forecasting, financial analysis, and product protocol
- Create and evaluate a product development plan that include design, product testing, and development team management
- Create product launch strategy, perform market testing, and explain methods to implement launch strategy and manage the launch process.
- Identify the importance of digital marketing in Entrepreneurship
- Create business models and strategy for product and business management
Entrepreneurs, Innovation Managers in business ventures- Private sectors, government agencies, Start-up managers, Business consultant, Project Report Development Consultant, Product marketing managers, Product development managers, Market research analysists.