Program : B.Sc. in Developmental Counselling
Developmental Counselling is a program offered by the Department of Human Development. This specialization has a preventive counselling approach based on life span development. It aims to develop skills that help children with developmental problems and learning difficulties.
Duration : 3 years.
Eligibility : HSC in Home Science / Science / Arts / Commerce
The Department of Human Development offers various courses which acquaint students with the trend of normal growth and development from conception to old age. “This Interdisciplinary field of study is devoted to the understanding of the holistic developmental changes that children, adolescents and adults experience throughout their life span.” It trains the students to understand human behavior and handle problems at various stages of growth through theory and extensive practical work.
- To sensitize the students to the “developmental problems” at different stages across the life span.
- To develop skills in helping children with normal developmental problems and learning difficulties.
- To enhance skills of planning and implementation of developmental programs for children.
- Have interest in human behaviour and like to work with children and families.
- Find it interesting to observe and understand the psychology behind human behaviour.
- Are good listeners and find it satisfying to help children and families to deal with their problems.
- Enjoy being creative and innovative in preparing teaching materials for children.
- Want to help individuals to make a positive change in their lives.
- Life skill coaches in schools.
- Organize life skill workshops for children and youth.
- Conduct Personality Development camps and workshops for children.
- Conduct therapeutic recreational activities for children.
- Conduct parenting workshops.
- Assistant Remedial Educator in schools and remedial centers.
- Entrepreneur in preparing remedial material / educational teaching aids for children.
- MSc. in Human Development.
- MSc in Counselling Psychology.
- BEd/MEd in Special Education.
- PG Diploma in School Counselling.
- MSW in Social Work.
- Masters in Educational Technology.
- MBA (HR)
- Diploma in Gerontology