Program : Degree with Honors in Developmental Counselling and Mental Wellbeing
Developmental Counselling and Mental Wellbeing is a program offered by the Department of Human Development. This specialization has a preventive counselling approach based on life span development. It aims to develop skills that help children with developmental problems and learning difficulties. Training in understanding the importance and basics of Remedial education provides the students with the necessary skills to work in remedial education centres and resource rooms in schools. Training for helping individuals in coping with stressors across the life span and maintaining mental wellbeing is the vital focus of this program.
4 years – Degree with Honors in Developmental Counselling and Mental Wellbeing
3 years – Degree in Developmental Counselling
Eligibility : HSC in Home Science / Science / Arts / Commerce
The Department of Human Development offers various courses which acquaint students with the trend of normal growth and development from conception to old age. “This Interdisciplinary field of study is devoted to the understanding of the holistic developmental changes that children, adolescents and adults experience throughout their life span.” It trains the students to understand human behavior and handle problems at various stages of growth through theory and extensive practical work.
- The student will be able to explain and appraise the developmental milestones and tasks at each stage across the life span and also identify developmental delays in children.
- The student will be able to demonstrate a strength-based approach towards helping individuals to deal with developmental issues and concerns.
- The student will be able to recognise the theoretical and developmental foundations in human development
- The student will be able to discuss upcoming trends and development in the field of human development and special education.
- The Student will be able to demonstrate pedagogical knowledge and skills in planning and assessment of remedial and intervention programs.
- The student will be able to plan and implement life skills and developmental programs for individuals across the life span in the community set up.
- The student will be able to demonstrate scientific attitude and creative thought processes in designing viable programs for the community in the field of developmental counselling.
- The student will be able to state the significance of each stage of development from developmental, economic and the rights perspective.
- The student will be able to analyse the implications of gender and diversity on the life of an individual.
- The student will be able to create developmental programs and provide guidance to parents, community and other organisations to increase their awareness and involvement in developmental programs and situational concerns.
- The student will be able to design intervention programs for holistic growth and development of children, adolescents and elderly.
- The student will be able to use technology and other contemporary mediums of instruction for professional growth and development in the field of developmental counselling.
- The student will be able to Design and implement innovative entrepreneurial programs and events for children and adolescents
- Have interest in human behaviour and like to work with children and families.
- Find it interesting to observe and understand the psychology behind human behaviour.
- Are good listeners and find it satisfying to help children and families to deal with their problems.
- Enjoy being creative and innovative in preparing teaching materials for children.
- Want to help individuals to make a positive change in their lives.
- Entrepreneurial opportunities-start a mother toddler club/ parent coaching
- Entrepreneur in event management- Organize summer camps, parties and special events for children
- Conduct language enrichment, creativity and personality development classes for children
- Expert in designing remedial and intervention material for children
- Work as a shadow teacher/ Preschool teacher /Assistant remedial teachers
- Developmental Counsellor and Mental wellbeing experts for school going children
- Entrepreneur as Life Skill Coach
- Working in NGO as Child Care Guide / Child Development Officer
- MSc. in Developmental Counselling and Mental Wellbeing
- MSc. in Human Development.
- MSc in Counselling Psychology.
- BEd /MEd in Special Education.
- PG Diploma in School Counselling.
- MSW in Social Work.
- Masters in Educational Technology.
- MBA (HR)
- Diploma in Gerontology