Graduation Program (Aided)
Students who have passed HSC or Std. XII examination or it’s equivalent with English as one of the papers are eligible to take admission. For Specialization in Food and Nutrition only students with Chemistry and Biology in XII grade are eligible. A student of the other University seeking admission to the B.Sc. Program under faculty of Home Science shall apply to the S.N.D.T Women’s University for a Certificate of Eligibility / Migration Certificate.Without such documents no student of any other university shall be admitted to the college.
The University may issue a Provisional Certificate of Eligibility if it is satisfied that the applicant is prima facie eligible for admission to this University. Such provisional certificate shall enable the candidate to get admission to the College at her own risk, on the condition that she obtains a Final Certificate of Eligibility and Migration before the close of the academic term in which the candidate is provisionally admitted.
Application forms of candidates from other university will not be accepted if they are not accompanied by Provisional Certificate of Eligibility. Similarly the Transfer Certificate will have to be produced by the candidate wherever necessary.
If a candidate fails to obtain the Final Certificate of Eligibility and Migration Certificate while coming from other than S.N.D.T. Women’s University and Transfer Certificate from college of S.N.D.T. Women’s University before the close of the academic term, in which she is provisionally admitted to the University, her admission to the College during the term is liable to be cancelled.
Senior College Help Desk
From 11:00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. : SVT College Reception: 022 26602504
From 10:00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. : Ms. Clemy – 9987887248
From 10:00 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
- Dr.Sachin – 8655060810
- Ms. Sangeeta – 9323106337
From 2:30 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.
- Mr. Prakash – 7738331907
- Dr. Amar – 75880 48094
The Duration Of B.Sc. Degree Program Under Faculty Of Home Science Is Three Years / Six Semesters. Each Semester Consists Of 14 To 16 Weeks.
Medium Of Instruction : English
The admission shall be made strictly on the basis of merit criteria notified by the College after taking into account the reservation order issued by the government from time to time.
- Student desirous to join the Degree program at Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous) should first apply online at the S.N.D.T. Women’s University Portal http://sndt.digitaluniversity.ac under Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous). Take a printout of the admission form submitted online for submission at the college.
- The student should also visit the college website www.svt.edu.in and then follow the link given for FYBSc Admissions- Under Graduates (Senior College) http://vancotech.com/Admissions/Graduates/index.html Here the students has to give her preference for specialization as well as Generic Electives (GE) courses offered for F.Y.B.Sc. Take a printout of this “Admissions- Under Graduates (Senior College)” for submission in college.
- Submit both the forms along with the documents stated below
- Mark sheet of H.S.C. Examination with two attested photocopies (Xerox copies)
- School / College Leaving Certificate
- Two passport size photographs to be submitted with the admission form and one for identity card
- Applicants from outside the state of Maharashtra will be required to submit the following additional documents
- Migration Certificate from the previous Board
- Passing certificate of the H.S.C. (or Equivalent) examination along with the attested photocopy
- Transfer / Leaving Certificate from the School / College previously attended
- Eligibility Certificate from S.N.D.T. Women’s University
- Attested photocopy of appropriate certificate for any of the following whichever is applicable:
- Caste Certificate
- Certificate for Physical Handicap
- Learning Disability Certificate
- The eligible SC / ST students should submit their scholarship form with all the required documents for the academic year. The admission of the candidate will be kept provisional and they will be asked to pay the fees before July 31 st .
- Students whose names are declared in the first list (in any specialization) should secure admission to that particular specialization by paying the fees.
- If they do not pay the fees and secure admission as per the first merit list they will not be considered for second merit list.
- If there is seat vacant for their first / second preference they will be automatically transferred to that particular specialization in the second / third list on the basis of merit.
- Share information on any learning disability of the candidate at the time of admission. It will be given (in confidence) to the Examination Department and the teachers concerned.
- These students must prepare a file with the following documents.
- Photocopy / second set of the completed admission form (along with photocopies of all the documents attached)
- All the appropriate certificates of the learning disability
- Concessions needed for assignments and evaluation
This file should be submitted along with the admission form. The file is then forwarded to the Learning Disability Committee for further action. The students will be advised regarding the application to be submitted to the Controller of Examination to get the required concession.
- Each student is allowed to choose TWO GE courses per semester out of the options given.
- If the demand for a given GE course is more than the seats available then the decision of the College Management will be final.
- The final list of GE courses a student will actually learn will be confirmed after the admissions are finalized.
A student who has obtained B. Sc. Degree of this College in one major would be permitted to secure admission for another major or specialization. In such cases a degree would be awarded in the second major, provided she has completed all requirements, i.e. all credits of Core Courses (CC) and Discipline Specific Elective (DSE) courses offered to a specialization. However exemption will be given to the course already completed in the first major / specialization courses.
Self Financed Programs
Procedure for Admissions to Self Financed Programs
1. M.Sc. Specialized Dietetics
2. M. Design (Fashion Design)
3. Diploma in Fashion Design
4. Certificate and Diploma in Computer Aided Interior Space Design & Management
All students seeking admission to Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous), S.N.D.T Women’s University, Mumbai, are requested to complete the following procedures.
1. Please check the website for Notices and Circulars regarding admission process from 1st Week of May onwards.
2. All students are requested to apply online. The link is accessible in the College website www.svt.edu.in for the different Self Financed Programs (Masters, Diploma & Certificate Programs)
3. Complete the online application, upload the required particulars for each program and submit. An application form number will be generated to the student to be used for future correspondence.
4. Kindly check the College website (www.svt.edu.in) on regular basis for other details regarding the eligibility list for entrance exam for the various programs.
5. Masters students are requested to log in the SNDTWU Digital University (www.sndt.ac.in). Check the website for the completion of SNDTWU digital application form.
6. The steps for completing the form will be provided once the form is available on the website.
7. After Digital University form is submitted, Kindly upload the PDF copy of digital University admission form in a separate link provided in the College website.
8. Please check the website for notices and circulars regarding admission process on regular basis.
M.Sc. Specialized Dietetics
- Eligibility: B.Sc. Food, Nutrition and Dietetics, B.Sc. Food Science & Nutrition, B.Sc. Applied Nutrition with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks.
- Students should have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in the undergraduate degree from a recognized university with the following subjects as a part of their three-year curriculum:
- Human Physiology/Basic Food Science/Human Nutrition/Diet Therapy/Biochemistry
- Students have to appear for Entrance Test and selected candidates will appear for Interview
M. Design (Fashion Design)
- Eligibility: B.Sc. Textiles & Apparel Design, B.Sc. Textile & Clothing, B.Sc. Textile Science in Apparel Design, B.Sc. Textiles & Fashion Technology, B.A Fashion Design, B. Design (Fashion), B .F. Tech and B. Sc. Fashion Design with a minimum of 55%.
- A basic knowledge of Textile testing, Fashion illustration, Fabric structure & weaving, Traditional textiles of India, Indian & world costumes, Basic and Advanced pattern making in their graduation program will carry additional weightage.
- Students have to appear for Entrance Test and selected candidates will appear for Interview
Diploma in Fashion Design
Eligibility: 12+ Std. Pass (Any Discipline)
- Students have to appear for will appear for Interview.
Certificate/ Diploma in Computer Aided Interior Space Design & Management
- Eligibility- S.S.C. or equivalent /Students who passed Elementary & Intermediate drawing grade exams will be preferred.
- Students have to appear for Aptitude Test and Interviews.