Program : B.Sc. Hospitality & Tourism Management
This specialization offers training to students in the managerial, organizational, service, financial and technical issues related to working processes in the hotel and tourism industry. It presents a systematic approach to comprehend the components of a hotel and travel operations.
The curriculum is designed to provide training for professional engagements in hotel, facility management and tourism sector . Courses like Food & Beverage Administration, Customer Relationship Management, Event Management, Retail Management etc. are integrated to enhance the professional avenues.
The program has a wholistic approach with emphasis on resource management through courses dealing with management of human and non-human resources, entrepreneurship, personal finance, safety practices, image management and more. The perspective is to enhance the skills and personal capacities of the students during the 3 year process.
4 years (Degree with Honors in Hospitality and Tourism Management)
3 years (Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management)
Eligibility : HSC in Home Science / Science / Arts / Commerce
The Course in Hospitality Management provides skills for those who wish to enter the service sector, namely Hotels, Restaurants and Tourism Industries.
- The student will be able to relate the concepts of financial planning in personal budgeting and practising good buymanship.
- The student will be able to illustrate and apply the elements and principles of design for creative output.
- The student will be able to recognize values and describe the significance of management process.
- The student will be able to apply the principles to workplace design to enhance productivity and human performance.
- The student will be able to interpret the allocation of various resources to attain goals effectively in personal and professional spheres.
- The student will be able to suggest solutions to work related musculoskeletal disorders and classify the right postures to improve performance.
- The student will be able to apply and evaluate marketing strategies for tourism destinations and organisations.
- The student will be able to practice active listening and decision making in practical situations.
- The student will be able to develop empathy and respect for diversity and override multi-cultural barriers.
- The student will be able to explain the importance of good HR and administrative practices and its contribution in growth of an enterprise.
- The student will be able to plan and implement sustainable practices with respect to local and global perspective.
- The student will be able to describe the roles and functions of leadership skills in the hospitality industry.
- The student will be able to identify relevant technology for production and management of hospitality and tourism experiences.
- The student will be able to propose, devise tools and conduct research projects in the context of hospitality and tourism.
- Like working in the service sector
- Enjoy working with people
- Find it interesting in meeting people of different nationalities.
- Enjoy learning about places and cultures of various tourist destinations.
- Hotel Industry: Housekeeping Floor Supervisors, Receptionist, Reservation Assistant, Guest relation officer, Front Office Manager, Housekeeping Executive.
- Travel Agency: Counter Staff, Ticketing and Reservation staff, Tour Manager.
- Airlines: Ground Hostess, Air Hostess, Counter Staff, Ticketing and Reservation staff.
- Corporate: Office Assistants, Sales and Marketing staff, HR Officer, Management Consultants, Customer Service Executives
- Entrepreneurial Ventures – Event Management, Corporate Gifts etc
- Soft Skill Trainers
- Masters and Post Graduate Diploma in Resource Management, Human Resource Development , Marketing, Hospitality, Business Administration, Travel Management.
- Educational opportunities abroad in Hospitality Management Studies.