Program : B.Sc. Hospitality & Tourism Management
This specialization offers training to students in the managerial, organizational, service, financial and technical issues related to working processes in the hotel and tourism industry. It presents a systematic approach to comprehend the components of a hotel and travel operations.
The curriculum is designed to provide training for professional engagements in hotel, facility management and tourism sector . Courses like Food & Beverage Administration, Customer Relationship Management, Event Management, Retail Management etc. are integrated to enhance the professional avenues.
The program has a wholistic approach with emphasis on resource management through courses dealing with management of human and non-human resources, entrepreneurship, personal finance, safety practices, image management and more. The perspective is to enhance the skills and personal capacities of the students during the 3 year process.
Duration : 3 years.
Eligibility : HSC in Home Science / Science / Arts / Commerce
The Course in Hospitality Management provides skills for those who wish to enter the service sector, namely Hotels, Restaurants and Tourism Industries.
- To provide a broad educational approach to a career in the Hospitality industry and comprehensive overview of the Travel and Tourism sector.
- To impart a blend of practical training with theoretical knowledge base giving graduates a competitive advantage to match their ambitions for successful careers in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
- To train students in areas of Management, Travel and Tourism, Hotel Administration, Entrepreneurship, Marketing and guest services.
- To help students understand hospitality operations and advanced applications of business principles and strategies to the unique challenges of hospitality and tourism management.
- To help students to gain insight in the development and current trends of the industry through popular trade magazines, guest lectures and field trips.
- Like working in the service sector
- Enjoy working with people
- Find it interesting in meeting people of different nationalities.
- Enjoy learning about places and cultures of various tourist destinations.
- Hotel Industry: Housekeeping Floor Supervisors, Receptionist, Reservation Assistant, Guest relation officer, Front Office Manager, Housekeeping Executive.
- Travel Agency: Counter Staff, Ticketing and Reservation staff, Tour Manager.
- Airlines: Ground Hostess, Air Hostess, Counter Staff, Ticketing and Reservation staff.
- Corporate: Office Assistants, Sales and Marketing staff, HR Officer, Management Consultants, Customer Service Executives
- Entrepreneurial Ventures – Event Management, Corporate Gifts etc
- Soft Skill Trainers
- Masters and Post Graduate Diploma in Resource Management, Human Resource Development , Marketing, Hospitality, Business Administration, Travel Management.
- Educational opportunities abroad in Hospitality Management Studies.