Merit Scholarships are awarded for excellence in academics, sports and N.S.S.
Eligibility Criteria : To be eligible for Merit Scholarship a student is required obtain a minimum of A grade in the final semester examinations or an aggregate of 70% marks at H.S.C. Examination
- Late Mrs. Jayaben Laxmidas Daftary Memorial Prize : For securing the highest number of marks in Textiles and Apparel Designing.
- Smt. Rasnarani Shirin K. Mankar Prize : For securing the highest number of marks in Foods and Nutrition Major from amongst the students.
- Smt. Devayanibai Kacheshwar Kurulkar Prize : For securing the highest number of marks in Foods and Nutrition Major from amongst the students.
- Mr. Subhash Sharma Prize : For securing the highest number of marks in Foods and Nutrition Major for T.Y .B.Sc. students.
- Jocy Engineering And Construction Company Prize : For students standing first at B.Sc. examination with specialization in Design and Management of Interior Space.
- Ensa Steel Industries Ltd. Prize : For securing highest marks in Hospitality Management Department of the Resource Mangement.
- Bajaj Household Equipment Prize : For securing the highest number of marks in Household Equipment Department of the Resource Mangement.
- Mrs. Saraswati Albano Muller Prize: For securing the highest marks at the B.Sc. examination with specialization in Early Childhood Education.
- Late. Shri. Vinodrai V. Shah Prize : For students securing highest number of marks in Department of Communication & Extension Education.
- Ms. Zarine Sanjana Prize: For student securing highest marks in the subject of English.
- Late Umeshrao Savarkar : Memorial prize for the most proficient of English during the both semester of Academic year.
- Mrs. Suhasini Paivaidya Prize : To T.Y. BHSc student who stands first in the Dept. of Human Development.
- Late Kum. Pushpa Dheerajlal Desai Prize : For securing first position at the TY BHSc Examination among all majors.
- Col. Prakash Photography Scholarship : For securing highest marks in subject Basic Photography at F.Y. B.Sc level.
- Mr. Jagdish Mistry Prize : For securing highest marks in Developmental Counseling major at T.Y. B.Sc. level.
- Dr. Chitra Joshi Prize : For securing highest marks in Department of Resource Mangement.
- Mr. & Mrs. P. G. Damle Award : For best sports woman of the year.
- C. D. Memorial Prize : for securing highest marks in T.Y.B.Sc. Composite Home Science.
- Mr. Jagdish Mistry Prize : for securing highest marks in T.Y.B.Sc. Textile and Apparel Designing.
- Late Mr. Janakraj Khana Prize: for securing highest marks in T.Y.B.Sc. Textile and Apparel Designing.
- Smt. Suhasini Jambhekar Scholarship : Financial assistance to the most deserving students of S.Y.B.Sc. (any specialization) for one year period.
- HARBANS SINGH UPPAL PRIZE : Securing First Position in Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics offered by the Department of Food & Nutrition, S.V.T. College of Home Science.
Among the 50% seats for open category and 50% seats for reserved category, some seats as shown below will be reserved for following types of candidates (Internal Reservation).
- Candidates having a certificate from civil surgeon that the candidate is Physically Handicapped and deformity is 40% but is able to complete the course – 3%.
- Daughter/Wife of person in active/retired military service – 2%.
- One additional seat in each division for Kashmiri migrant.
Freeship, Scholarship And Financial Aid
Fee concession for schedule Cast/schedule Tribe/vimuktajamati/nomadic Tribe/special Backward Class is available as per Government Rules. Students have to submit the following documents (photocopies) for availing Freeship/Scholarship under reservation categories.
- Caste Certificate
- Caste Validity Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Income Certificate
- Marriage Certificate, if applicable
- Ration Card
- Gap certificate, if applicable
Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes, converts to
- Buddhism = 13 %
- Scheduled Tribe = 07 %
- De-notified Tribes (A) = 03 %
- Nomadic Tribes (B) = 2.5 %
- Nomadic Tribes © = 3.5 %
- Nomadic Tribes (D) = 02 %
- Other Backward Classes = 19 %
- Total = 50 %