Program : B.Sc. Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
The Degree program in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics provides in-depth insight into the science of nutrition, healthy diet planning across a human’s life cycle. This professional program aims at clinical treatment of diseases by dietary intervention and related biological science to improve health in the community. Various courses offered by the department provide deeper understanding of various metabolic pathways, role of macro and micro nutrients in biological, chemical and regulatory mechanisms in the body. On the job training helps in understanding the connection between nutrition, fitness/athletic performance and allied health sciences.
Duration : 3 years.
Eligibility : HSC in Home Science/Science with Chemistry & Biology.
The Department of Food, Nutrition and Dietetics aims at producing professionals who are able to maintain and promote health through diet and good nutrition. The Department promotes involvement in the community with a view to cater to the nutritional needs of diverse population groups like children, women, elderly and sports persons. It also aims in developing entrepreneurial skills among its students. The Department collaborates with Food Industries, Hospitals and Medical organizations, Gymnasium and Fitness Centers and Community Welfare Organizations to provide its students the necessary exposure and practical training.
- To develop skill and confidence to make informed decisions about healthy diet in health and disease.
- To learn composition and chemistry of different foods and changes that occur during cooking/processing of foods.
- To apply the knowledge of food microbiology, sanitation and hygiene in food production and service.
- To study the fundamentals of the science of nutrition in relation to macro and micro nutrients.
- To understand the working and management of the dietary departments of the various organizations.
- Are interested in science, physiology and health.
- Want to gain in-depth knowledge of nutrition and health.
- Are creative in planning healthy normal and therapeutic diets.
- Have a curious mind and a scientific temper to learn allied health sciences.
- Nutritionist, Dietitians, Consultants – Multi speciality and Speciality Hospitals, Wellness centres, Schools, Yoga and Ayurvedic Centres.
- Food and Nutrition Communication & Journalism.
- NGO’s associated with Community health.
- Food Analyst -Quality Control Laboratories / Product Managers in Neutraceuticals Industry.
- Marketing team members for Pharmaceutical & Neutraceutical Industry.
- Entrepreneur in the area of Food production and Service.
- Masters in – M.Sc. Specialized Dietetics, Food Science and Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Processing and Technology, Sports Nutrition, Neutraceuticals, Public Health.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Specialized Dietetics – Pediatric nutrition/ Renal nutrition/ Diabetes and Cardiac Care
- Certificate course in Bariatric Nutrition (online course).