(Value Added Certificate Course of 2 Credits for 30 Hours)
Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous) has taken its first leap in launching the SVT ONLINE PROGRAMS as part of Self Financed programs. This course has been developed with Academic Collaborators being- Geeta Nutri Heal Consultancy: Nutrition Consultancy & DOSS (Diabetes and Obesity Surgical Solution, Pune) and Technical collaborators being Docmode.
Advanced Bariatric Nutrition is an online course aimed to enable the students to develop professional competency in areas related to nutritional management and post-operative challenges in patients after bariatric surgery.
This six weeks online certificate course provides an intensive, self-paced, advanced learning in the field of Nutrition Care of Bariatrics. The course is designed by academicians, specialised nutritionists and bariatric surgeons from across the country. This course uses innovative methodologies which is the right blend of scientific information, research based recommendations and practical training through virtual case study discussions and webinars.
- Online Certificate Course from the prestigious Autonomous College of SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai
- Collaboration with specialized bariatric nutritionists and eminent bariatric surgeons as expert faculty.
- Virtual Learning with assignments, case study discussions, webinars on recent updates as part of the course work
- Emphasis on total patient management with team approach of exercise, fitness and psychosocial experts.
- Six week comprehensive modular course with self- paced learning
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
- To understand about the components of bariatric surgery and its complications
- To gain an in depth knowledge in the principles of nutritional management of bariatric patients
- To study factors responsible in the management of post operative challenges for effective management
- To apply these principles learnt in the total patient care process.
On Completion, the students will be able to:
- Understand surgical procedures and complications in bariatric surgery
- Apply nutritional management principles in planning diets for bariatric patients
- Analysis and practical approach to handle the complications of bariatric surgery
- Total patient management with team approach
Career opportunities: Specialty hospitals for Bariatric care, Multi-specialty hospitals with obesity Clinics, Weight Management facilities and bariatric nutrition consultant
- M.Sc. Food, Nutrition & Dietetics, M.Sc. Clinical Nutrition &Dietetics, M.Sc. Specialized Dietetics, M.Sc. Nutrition &Dietetics
- Dietitians who are self-employed, consulting and Practicing with pre required qualifications and minimum two year work experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition &Dietetics with experience in clinical settings of multi-specialty hospital for minimum two Years
Course Duration: Duration is 30 hours – 6 weeks self-paced, will be allowed one year to complete the course from the date of joining the course.
Course Fees: INR 3000 / USD 43
Unit 1: Medical management of surgical procedures
Unit 2: Nutritional management of bariatric surgery
Unit 3: Total patient management approach to bariatric surgery
Unit 4: Nutritional management of post-surgery complications
Unit 5: Webinars and Case studies
Process To Register
- Register for the online course. Upload relevant information and documents
- Online course team will review the application form along with documents for verification of eligibility.
- Eligible applicants will receive an online payment link to enroll for the course.
- Students who made successful payment will receive login credentials and link to the SVT Learning Portal.