Advanced Certificate Program in Filmmaking
Learn the nuances of filmmaking from industry experts through interactive live & video lectures.
Online Certificate Course In Filmmaking
Duration : 1 year
Cost : ₹160,000
Advanced Certificate Program in Filmmaking
Pay in easy 12 EMI’s
Through the program through industry experts and faculty of WWI
Alumni status and access to the alumni database of Whistling Woods
With Industry experts and the faculty of WWI periodically
Access to the WWI Mumbai campus to attend specialization workshops
Adobe Premiere Pro
Get 50% off for duration of this course
Access to content
Content Duration : 60+ hrs
Learning structure : Self-paced learning
Accessibility : On PC, mobile
Access period : 2 years
Mode of instruction : English
Video transcripts : English
What is filmmaking?
Storytelling is an integral part of human development and films are one of the few formats that use pretty much all major mediums – writing, photography, performance, narration etc. This is what makes filmmakers such good storytellers. They hone their skills in all fields.
A good filmmaker doesn’t just understand his/her role well but also the roles of every other team member working on the project. Keeping this at the core, WWI Virtual Academy’s Advanced Certificate Program in Filmmaking offers you comprehensive training across all spectrums of the craft of Filmmaking.
This 1 year program curated by the experts from Whistling Woods International comprises of 60 + hours of learning through video lectures, video-based live sessions, offline workshop additions etc held by Whistling Woods faculty along with multiple testing protocols. You also get free access to the extensive library of Industry interactions and Q&A sessions from the legends of filmmaking as well as specialisation workshops held at the Whistling Woods Campus. After finishing the course, you’ll be awarded an Advanced Certificate from Whistling Woods International.
If you want to discover and pave a path for your passion for filmmaking, this is the place for you
To help you understand the subject, the syllabus covers various Software and Gear.
- Demonstrations Using Industry Standard Cameras and Lenses – RED Epic Dragon, Canon 5D, Sony FS7 with Cine Primes and Photography Zoom lenses
- Camera Accessories – Body, Lens, Matte Box, Follow Focus, Memory Cards, Batteries
- Grips – Tripods, Track and Trolley, Crane, Steadicam, Gimbal
- Types of Lights – Tungsten Lights, HMIs, LEDs, KinoFlos
- Light Meter Demo using Sekonic L758D
- Lighting Accessories – Stands, Flags, Cutters, Gels, Diffusions, Bounce Boards
- Software Demos – Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Avid Media Composer and DaVinci Resolve
- Demonstration of Recording Chain – Microphones, Cables & Connectors, Mixers, Recorders and Monitors
- Software Demo – Avid Pro Tools
What kind of certification will I obtain from this program?
On successful completion of all the courses included in this program, the user shall be given a Advanced Certificate in Filmmaking from Whistling Woods International. You can download the certificate in the form of a PDF or collect a hard copy from the Mumbai Campus.
Is there a specific time limit for this program?
The time limit to finish this program is 1 year. However, due to certain emergencies, we can look at extending the tenure of the program. This is subject to approval by Virtual Academy and will be treated as an exception on a case to case basis.
How many hours of study are required to complete this program?
We recommend a study time of 2 to 3 hours per week across the duration of the program for our Advanced Certificate Programs
Is there any financial aid available for this program?
Yes. Click here to know.
What are the key topics covered in this program?
Please refer to the curriculum tab on the course page of the Advanced Certificate program
What type of learning should I expect from this program?
This program comprises of learning through video-based lectures. You will also be given the transcripts of these lectures. The content is derived from the knowledge base of Whistling Woods faculty and Industry experts along with specific case studies used to explain the concepts and theories. You will also have live sessions held by experts on the topic that you are studying in a particular month/quarter.
In addition to this, a calendar of specialized workshops held through the year at the Whistling Woods campus in Mumbai will be shared with you. You will be permitted to attend a maximum of two workshops in a year.
Are there any assignment or coursework in this program?
There are regular assignments and coursework to be done in this program. We recommend a learning time of 2 to 3 hrs for optimum use of the material in the program
Does the program include live sessions with the faculty?
Yes. The live sessions will be updated as part of the course calendar once the program commences.
Program fee : INR 160,000 (Inclusive of all taxes)
Admission Criteria :
- No work experience is required to apply for any of the programs
- Applicants need to have cleared Xth grade or equivalent
- All candidates need to have reading and speaking proficiency in English
- Full Course Fees of Rs 1,60,000/ (GST included) can be paid in 3 installments as below:
On Registration: Rs 50000/-
On Program Commencement: Rs 60000/-
3 months from Program Commencement: Rs 50000/-
- In 12-month EMI options through our finance partners – FinancePeer or Eduvanz.
EMI options provided by both are the same – 12 payments of Rs 14,100/- each month.
To use FinancePeer, click here
To explore Eduvanz, click here
Key Highlights :
- Extensive mentorship through the Whistling Woods alumni who work in the Media industry and the WWI faculty
- Build a network of similar minded leaners and industry professionals on the platform
- Gain Whistling Woods’s Alumni status and access to the WWI Alumni database to build your network and seek.
- Access to the WWI Mumbai campus for specialized workshops of your choice and specialization. Click to view the Workshop Calendar.
- Over 60 + hours of video content along with regular assessments, peer group assignments and projects
- Live sessions throughout the duration of the program with industry experts and the faculty of WWI
- Access to the industry interactions library of Whistling Woods where you can access recordings of sessions / interviews from celebrity lecturers / industry experts for 1 year
- You can pay for the program with a debit/credit card and through Netbanking.
- EMI facility is available for this program. Click here for more information.
- On the success of the payment transaction, you will receive a confirmation mail with the order no. and payment acknowledgment.
- You will be provided a course login URL within 48 hours of making a payment. Please register on the URL to gain access to the course.
- In case of any issues during payment, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the program successfully to obtain the Advanced Certificate in Filmmaking from Whistling Woods International
- Connect with a wide network of learners & professionals
- Take a step towards discovering the world of filmmaking