Program : B.Sc. in Interior Design and Resource Management
This specialization comprises of studies on courses on various core areas of design for residential and commercial interior spaces with focus on ergonomic aspect of designing. Computer aided drafting and professional management supplement the fundamentals of this specialization. Allied areas like product design, carpentry workshop, set design are integrated in the curriculum to enhance the avenues for professional growth. Intensive studio work is the crux of study process.
The program has a wholistic approach with emphasis on resource management through courses dealing with management of human and non-human resources, entrepreneurship, personal finance, safety practices, image management and more. The perspective is to enhance the skills and personal capacities of the students during the 3 year process.
Duration : 3 years.
Eligibility : HSc in Home Science / Science / Arts / Commerce
Program – B.Sc. in Interior Design and Resource Management. This specialization includes applications of principles of design, aesthetic and functional residential and commercial environments, and computer aided designing and professional management. It provides a broad approach to a career in the Interior designing with knowledge for creative use of space, materials and textures. The course is enhanced with wholesome blend of components like Ergonomics, Furniture workshop, Project Management, Visual Merchandising which will improve professional opportunities of the students.
- It is designed to develop a practical understanding on technical aspects of interior designing.
- It provides a broad approach to a career in the Interior designing with knowledge for creative use of space, materials and textures.
- It is designed to train students in designing residential and commercial spaces to with an emphasis on blending aesthetics with optimum functionalism.
- It encourages creative freedom specially balanced with the need to consider costs, budget constraints and the practical business aspect.
- The curriculum integrates professional and general studies with an emphasis on critical thinking and applied research, and is enriched with an additional focus on global perspectives in interior design.
- The program enhanced with wholesome blend of components like Ergonomics, Furnitureworkshop, Project Management, Visual Merchandising enhance applicability and professional opportunities.
- This program will orient students about new trends and technology in Interior Designing.
- Find it interesting to observe interior spaces and understand the building structures, nature.
- Have an eye for detail, enjoy visualizing, planning and designing.
- Enjoy being creative and innovative.
- Like to work with people.
- Leadership qualities.
- Interior Designer with an Architectural firm or Freelancer
- Interior Stylist
- Designer :Furniture, Set, Accessories
- Consultant : Interior Finishing Materials, Colour, Lighting
- Presentation developer with Computerized drawings
- Graphic Designer and Visualizer
- Concept developer
- MSc. in Resource Management
- Educational opportunities abroad in Advance Interior Design Programmes
- Scope to study Product Design
- Specialize in Ergonomics of Interior Spaces
- Member of Indian Institute of Interior Designers