Program : B.Sc. in Interior Design and Resource Management
This specialization comprises of studies on courses on various core areas of design for residential and commercial interior spaces with focus on ergonomic aspect of designing. Computer aided drafting and professional management supplement the fundamentals of this specialization. Allied areas like product design, carpentry workshop, set design are integrated in the curriculum to enhance the avenues for professional growth. Intensive studio work is the crux of study process.
The program has a wholistic approach with emphasis on resource management through courses dealing with management of human and non-human resources, entrepreneurship, personal finance, safety practices, image management and more. The perspective is to enhance the skills and personal capacities of the students during the 3 year process.
4 years (Degree with Honors in Interior Design and Resource Management)
3 years (Degree in Interior Design and Resource Management)
Eligibility : HSC in Home Science / Science / Arts / Commerce
Interior Design and Resource Management specialization includes applications of design principles, aesthetic and functional residential and commercial environments and professional management. It provides a broad approach to a career in the Interior designing with knowledge for creative use of space, materials and textures. The course is enhanced with a wholistic blend of components like Ergonomics, Furniture workshop, Project Management, Visual Merchandising which will enhance the professional opportunities of the students. In today’s digital age, the program is designed to train students in various software’s like AutoCAD, 3DMax, Adobe Photoshop.
- The student will be able to relate the concepts of financial planning in personal budgeting and practising good buymanship.
- The student will be able to illustrate and apply the elements and principles of design for creative output.
- The student will be able to recognize values and describe the significance of management process.
- The student will be able to apply the principles to workplace design to enhance productivity and human performance.
- The student will be able to interpret the allocation of various resources to attain goals effectively in personal and professional spheres.
- The student will be able to suggest solutions to improve performance and develop products and human centric designs.
- The student will be able to demonstrate design practices by incorporating cultural norms of user populations.
- The student will be able to apply creative solutions to interior, architectural and design problems through completion of studio.
- The student will be able to develop empathy and respect for diversity and override multi-cultural barriers.
- The student will be able to explain the importance of good HR and administrative practices and its contribution in growth of an enterprise.
- The student will be able to develop social responsibility by designing sustainable interior and exterior environment for a good quality of life of users.
- The student will be able to assess the societal, health, safety, legislative and cultural issues through the knowledge and skills gained for delivering responsibilities relevant to the Interior Design profession.
- The student will be able to apply principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities of design.
- The student will be able to describe the roles and functions of leadership skills as a principal designer.
- The student will be able to identify relevant technology and softwares for effective design practices.
- The student will be able to propose, devise tools and conduct research projects in the context of design.
- The student will be able to employ appropriate communication tools for discussions with teams, customers and corporates.
- The student will be able to communicate effectively with various stakeholders of the project to comprehend, document and write reports, make effective presentations.
- Find it interesting to observe interior spaces and understand the building structures and nature.
- Have an eye for detail, enjoy visualizing, planning and designing.
- Enjoy being creative and innovative.
- Like to work with people.
- Leadership qualities.
- Interior Designer with an Architectural firm or Freelancer
- Interior Stylist
- Designer :Furniture, Set, Accessories
- Consultant : Interior Finishing Materials, Colour, Lighting
- Presentation developer with Computerized drawings
- Graphic Designer and Visualizer
- Concept developer
- MSc in Resource Management
- MSc in Entrepreneurship Management and Business Development
- MSc in Product Design
- MSc in Ergonomics
- Educational opportunities abroad in Advance Interior Design Programmes
- MBA (HR)