Program : B.Sc. in Early Childhood Care and Education
Early Childhood Care and Education program is oriented towards developing skills of infant stimulation, preschool teaching and implementation of a developmentally appropriate early childhood program.
Duration : 3 years.
Eligibility : HSc in Home Science / Science / Arts / Commerce
The Department of Human Development offers various courses which acquaint students with the trend of normal growth and development from conception to old age. “This Interdisciplinary field of study is devoted to the understanding of the holistic developmental changes that children, adolescents and adults experience throughout their life span.” It trains the students to understand human behavior and handle problems at various stages of growth through theory and extensive practical work.
- To sensitize the students to the needs of infants and preschool children.
- To enhance skills of planning and implementation of a developmentally appropriate early childhood programme.
- To develop skills for infant stimulation and preschool teaching.
- To enhance skill of planning and implementation of developmental programs for holistic development of children.
- To develop skills in handling differently-abled children in early inclusive setups.
- Find it interesting to observe and understand the psychology behind human behaviour.
- Are nurturing and patient and would like to work with children.
- Have effective communication skills.
- Are keen to make a difference in the lives of children.
- Set up own preschool or Early Childhood Education Center.
- Work as an Early Childhood Educator in regular/ inclusive settings.
- Work as a coordinator at Creche and Day Care Centres.
- Entrepreneur in designing developmentally appropriate educational teaching aids and toys for children.
- Conduct language enrichment, creativity and personality development classes for children.
- Organize summer camps and special events for children and youth.
- Work as a child advocate in Non Government Organizations.
- MSc. In Early Childhood Care and Education.
- MSc. In Human Development.
- BEd/MEd in Special Education.
- MSW in Social Work.
- Masters in Educational Technology.