Program : Degree with Honors in Early Childhood Curriculum Development and Management
Early Childhood Curriculum Development and Management is a program offered by the Department of Human Development. This specialization trains learners in providing an enriching environment for care and development of infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers and children in the early primary grades (Birth to 8 years). Implementation of a developmentally appropriate early childhood program to help children attain optimal development is the focal area of this program. It trains students to plan and implement age appropriate activities for the children and a viable curriculum for educational readiness of young children.
4 years – Degree with Honors in Early Childhood Curriculum Development and Management
3 years – Degree in Early Childhood Development
Eligibility : HSC in Home Science / Science / Arts / Commerce
The Department of Human Development offers various courses which acquaint students with the trend of normal growth and development from conception to old age. “This Interdisciplinary field of study is devoted to the understanding of the holistic developmental changes that children, adolescents and adults experience throughout their life span.” It trains the students to understand human behavior and handle problems at various stages of growth through theory and extensive practical work.
- The student will be able to explain and appraise the developmental milestones and tasks at each stage across the life span and also identify developmental delays in children.
- The student will be able to demonstrate a strength-based approach towards helping individuals to deal with developmental issues and concerns during Early Childhood Years.
- The student will be able to recognise the theoretical and developmental foundations in human development
- The student will be able to discuss upcoming trends and developments in the field of ECCE
- The student will be able to demonstrate pedagogical knowledge and skills in planning activities for infants and children in their early years (birth to 8 years)
- Develop and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum and create developmentally appropriate learning environments to meet children’s individual and group needs
- The student will be able to demonstrate scientific attitude and creative thought processes in designing viable programs for the community in the field of ECCE.
- The student will be able to state the significance of each stage of development from developmental, economic and the rights perspective.
- The student will be able to analyse the implications of gender and diversity on the life of an individual.
- The student will be able to create developmental programs and provide guidance to parents, community and other organisations to increase awareness and involvement in ECCE programs.
- The Student will be able to design developmentally appropriate stimulation program for holistic growth and development of infants, pre-schoolers and elderly
- The student will be able to use relevant technology and other contemporary mediums of instruction for professional growth and development in the field of Early Childhood Care and Education.
- The student will be able to design and implement innovative entrepreneurial programs and events for children and adolescents.
- Find it interesting to observe and understand the psychology behind human behaviour.
- Are nurturing and patient and would like to work with children.
- Have effective communication skills.
- Are keen to make a difference in the lives of children.
- Entrepreneurial opportunities-start a preschool/ day care/ mother toddler club/ parent coaching
- Entrepreneur in event management- Organize summer camps, parties and special events for children
- Conduct language enrichment, creativity and personality development classes for children
- Expert in designing material and toys for children
- Work as a shadow teacher/ Preschool teacher /coordinator at Crèche and Day Care Centers
- Experts in early intervention and preschool settings
- Preschool Curriculum Designers
- Working in NGO as Child Care Guides / Child Development Officers
- MSc. in Early Childhood Curriculum Development and Management
- MSc. In Early Childhood Care and Education
- MSc. in Human Development.
- BEd /MEd in Special Education.
- PG Diploma in School Counselling.
- MSW in Social Work.
- Masters in Educational Technology.
- MBA (HR)
- Diploma in Gerontology