PROGRAM: M.Design (Fashion Design)
The fashion world has advanced to an extent that it requires a designer who has the capability to serve the fashion industry in multiple ways. This online blended learning with classroom training program is ideal for students who want to pursue a career after graduation, working women, Fashion designers, boutique owners, Garment manufacturers and Entrepreneurs in the fashion industry. The program is structured with online classes, theory and practical sessions on campus on weekends.
Our program covers an in-depth study of Design Development, Research in Fabric Development, Fashion Communication & Journalism, Quality Management, Fashion Range Development, Craft documentation, Fashion Branding, Entrepreneurship & Global Fashion Business and extensive Project based learning. The theoretical knowledge acquired and the practical experience gained will enable students to explore cultural factors that influence fashion trends, develop individual expression, and come up with creative solutions.
- Executive Masters’ Degree (Part time ) Program from a prestigious Autonomous College , SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai
- Modular curriculum with blended learning
- Value addition for those professionals working in Fashion and allied Industry
- Experienced core faculty
- Fashion Industry experts as mentors
- Building a strong network of practicing professionals
- Learning from peers
- Online lectures and on campus study on weekends
- 3 Years (6 semesters)
- B.Sc. Textiles & Apparel Design, B.Sc. Textile & Clothing, B.Sc. Textile Science in Apparel Design, B.Sc. Textiles & Fashion Technology, B.A Fashion Design, B. Design (Fashion), B.F.Tech and B. Sc .Fashion Design with a minimum of 55% .
- Any graduate* with a working experience in Fashion and Apparel industry for two years.
- A basic knowledge of Textile testing, Fashion illustration, Fabric structure & weaving, Traditional textiles of India, Indian & world costumes, Basic and Advanced pattern making in their graduation program will carry additional weightage.
- Working Professionals / Fashion Designers OR Any Graduate* with a minimum of two year experience in apparel & fashion industry. The Graduates will be expected to do a bridge course to capacitate them with the basic knowledge of Fashion Illustration, Flat Pattern Making and Draping
- To study the trends, cultural and contemporary issues influencing fashion design.
- To evolve professionally in the culture-sensitive and highly competitive fashion industry.
- To enhance the knowledge of marketing and production management.
- To gain proficiency and ability to manage brands.
- To apply the language of visual communication of fashion.
- Want to design and launch their own label of fashion
- Desire to work with fashion brands
- Have keen interest in fashion styling and fashion journalism
- Want to become fashion merchandisers
- Launch their careers in product development, brand management, and entrepreneurship
- Work as fashion designers, fashion stylists, textile designers, life style designers, wardrobe analysts, product managers, and trend researchers
- Fashion bloggers, fashion editors, visual merchandisers, and export/retail merchandisers
- Work for fashion brands, design agencies, or magazines.
- International, national employment in online engagements and organizations of repute
- Research opportunities
- Higher studies
- Fashion Communication & Journalism
- Fashion Retail Management