Graduation Program (Aided)
Students who have passed H.S.C or Std. XII examination or its equivalent with English as one of the papers are eligible to take admission. For Specialization in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics only students with Chemistry and Biology in XII grade are eligible. A student of the other University seeking admission to the B.Sc. Program under faculty of Home Science shall apply to the S.N.D.T Women’s University for a Certificate of Eligibility / Migration Certificate. Without such documents no student of any other university shall be admitted to the College.
The University may issue a Provisional Certificate of Eligibility if it is satisfied that the applicant is prima facie eligible for admission. Such provisional certificate shall enable the candidate to get admission to the College at her own risk, on the condition that she obtains a Final Certificate of Eligibility and Migration before the end of the academic term.
Application forms of candidates from other universities will not be accepted if they are not accompanied by Provisional Certificate of Eligibility. Transfer Certificate will have to be produced by the candidates from different Colleges of SNDT Women’s University.
College Help Desk
From 11:00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. : SVT College Reception: 022 26602504
From 10:00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. : Ms. Clemy – 9987887248
From 10:00 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
- Dr.Sachin – 8655060810
- Ms. Sangeeta – 9323106337
From 2:30 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.
- Mr. Prakash – 7738331907
- Dr. Amar – 75880 48094
|NO||PARTICULAR||Open Category||Reserve Category|
|6||SNDTWU Data Base Fees||400||0|
|8||Final Theory Exam||1500||0|
|9||Final Practical Exam||1000||0|
|16||Subject Association Fee||200||200|
|17||E Service Fees ( U )||75||75|
|18||Medical Check Up ( U )||100||100|
|19||Students Welfare ( U )||100||100|
|21||Sports Fees ( U )||150||150|
|22||Ashwamedh ( U )||30||30|
|23||Disaster Mgt ( U )||10||10|
|24||Enrollment Fee ( U )||300||300|
|25||Enrollment Form ( U )||0||0|
|26||Eligibility Fee ( U )||300||300|
|27||Eligibility From Fee ( U )||0||0|
|28||Convocation Fees ( U )||0||0|
|30||Caution Money Deposit||100||100|
|34||Generic Elective Courses||2000||2000|
The Duration of B.Sc. Degree Program under Faculty of Home Science is Three Years / Six Semesters. Each Semester consists of 14 To 16 Weeks.
Medium of Instruction: English
The admission shall be made strictly on the basis of merit criteria notified by the College after taking into account the reservation order issued by the government from time to time.
Admission Process for admissions to the graduation program is completely online from academic year 2020-21, including payment of fees.
NOTE : Considering the present Covid-19 the admission of the student to be considered provisional till all required documents submitted to college authorities. If the student fails to furnish original documents within stipulated time, the admission stands cancelled.
Student desirous to join the Degree program at Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous) should first apply online at the S.N.D.T. Women’s University Portal http://sndtoa.digitaluniversity.ac under Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous).
The student should Apply Here after submitting admission form at the S.N.D.T. Women’s University Portal. The students have to give their preference for specialization as well as Generic Electives (GE) courses offered for F.Y.B.Sc.
- Mark sheet of H.S.C. Examination with two attested photocopies (Xerox copies)
- School / College Leaving Certificate
- Three passport size photographs to be submitted (Two with the admission form and one for identity card)
- Applicants from outside the state of Maharashtra will be required to submit the following additional documents:
- Migration Certificate from the previous Board
- Passing certificate of the H.S.C. (or Equivalent) examination along with the attested photocopy
- Transfer / Leaving Certificate from the School / College previously attended
- Eligibility Certificate from S.N.D.T. Women’s University
- Attested photocopy of relevant certificate for any of the following whichever is applicable:
- Caste Certificate
- Divyangjan (Physical Disability) Certificate
- Learning Disability Certificate
- The eligible SC / ST students should submit their scholarship forms with all the required documents. The admission of the candidate will be kept provisional until the verification of the relevant documents is done by the admission committee.
- SC / ST student who fails to complete the procedure of on-line application for the Government scholarship will be considered as ‘General Category Student’ and will have to pay the full fees.
- Students whose names are declared in the first list (in any specialization) should secure admission to that particular specialization by paying the fees.
- If there is seat vacant for their first / second preference the student will be automatically transferred to that particular specialization in the second / third list on the basis of merit.
- If the student does not pay the fees and secure admission as per the first merit list they will not be considered for second merit list. Thus the student will be considered as dropped out from the admission process.
Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous), S.N.D.T. Women’s University
|Category||Legal Reservation||Category||Legal Reservation|
|· Scheduled Caste||13 %||· Nomadic Tribes (D)||02%|
|· Scheduled Tribe||07 %||· Other Backward Classes (OBC)||19%|
|· De-notified Tribes (A)||03 %||· Educationally and Socially Backward Category (ESBC)||16%|
|· Nomadic Tribes (B)||2.5 %||· Economically backward Class (EBC)||10%|
|· Nomadic Tribes (C)||3.5 %||TOTAL||76%|
Among the 24% seats for open category and 76% seats for reserved category, some seats as shown below will be reserved for following types of candidates (Internal Reservation).
|Sr. No.||Category of Applicant||Social Reservation
|1.||Divyangjan / Persons with Disability (PWD) / Physically Handicapped
|3%||A certificate from Civil Surgeon stating that,
– The candidate is ‘Physically Handicapped’.
– She has deformity of 40% or more.
– She is able to complete the academic program.
|2.||Daughter/Wife of person in active/retired military service
|2 %||Relevant certificates and documents about active / retired military service of Father / Husband|
|3.||Kashmiri Migrant||One additional seat in each division
|Relevant certificates and documents about being a Kashmiri Migrant|
- Each F.Y.B.Sc. student is allowed to choose TWO (GE) per semester out of the options given.
- If the demand for a given GE course is more than the seats available then the decision of the College Management will be final.
Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous) is having choice based credit system. Students can opt for elective subjects of their choice. Please read about the elective subjects offered in F.Y.B.Sc. here
Information on any learning disability of the candidate shared at the time of admission, will be given (in confidence) to the following Committees and Heads of the Department for further action.
- The Learning Disability Committee
- Examination Department
- Head of the Department
All students with learning disability are requested to submit supporting documents along with the learning disability certificate issued by a recognised authority.
Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous) offers multiple facilities to Divyangjan. Please read for more details here