Program –B.Sc. in Interior design and Resource Management
This specialization includes applications of principles of design, aesthetic and functional design of residential and commercial environments, computer aided designing and professional management. Intensive studio work is the crux of study process.
Duration – 3 years
Eligibility – HSC in Home Science / Science / Arts / Commerce
Objective of the program :
- It is designed to develop a practical understanding on technical aspects of interior designing.
- It provides a broad approach to a career in the Interior designing with knowledge for creative use of space, materials and textures.
- It is designed to train students in designing residential and commercial spaces to with an emphasis on blending aesthetics with optimum functionalism.
- It encourages creative freedom specially balanced with the need to consider costs, budget constraints and the practical business aspect.
- The curriculum integrates professional and general studies with an emphasis on critical thinking and applied research, and is enriched with an additional focus on global perspectives in interior design.
- The program enhanced with wholesome blend of components like Ergonomics, Furniture workshop, Project Management, Visual Merchandising enhance applicability and professional opportunities.
- This program will orient students about new trends and technology in Interior Designing.
This program may be the right choice for those who:
- Find it interesting to observe interior spaces and understand the building structures, nature
- Have an eye for detail, enjoy visualizing, planning and designing
- Enjoy being creative and innovative
- Like to work with people
- Leadership qualities
Professional Opportunities :
- Interior Designer with an Architectural firm or Freelancer
- Interior Stylist
- Designer :Furniture, Set, Accessories
- Consultant : Interior Finishing Materials, Colour, Lighting
- Presentation developer with Computerized drawings
- Graphic Designer and Visualizer
- Concept developer
Opportunities for further education :
- MSc. in Resource Management
- Educational opportunities abroad in Advance Interior Design Programmes
- Scope to study Product Design
- Specialize in Ergonomics of Interior Spaces
- Member of Indian Institute of Interior Designers