Program –B.Sc. in Interior design and Resource Management
This specialization includes applications of principles of design, aesthetic and functional residential and commercial environments, computer aided designing and professional management.
Duration – 3 years
Eligibility – HSC in Home Science / Science / Arts / Commerce
Objective of the course-
- It is designed to develop a practical understanding on technical aspects of interior designing.
- It provides a broad approach to a career in the Interior designing with knowledge for creative use of space, materials and textures.
- It is designed to train students to create a blend of aesthetics and optimum functionalism with emphasis on in designing residential and commercial spaces.
- It encourages creative freedom especially balanced with the need to consider cost and budget constraints and the practical business aspect.
- The curriculum integrates professional and general studies with an emphasis on critical thinking and applied research, and is enriched with an additional focus on global perspectives in interior design.
- The course enhanced with wholesome blend of components like Ergonomics, Furnitureworkshop, Project Management, Visual Merchandising to improve professional opportunities.
- To learn new trends and technologies in interior design.
- This course will orient students about new trends and technology in Interior Designing.
This course may be the right choice for those who;
- Find it interesting to observe interior spaces and understand the building structures, nature,
- Have an eye for detail, enjoy visualising, planning and designing .
- Enjoy being creative and innovative
- Like to work with people
- Leadership qualities
- Interior Designer with an Architectural firm or Freelancer
- Interior Stylist
- Designer :Furniture, Set, Accessories
- Consultant : Interior Finishing Materials, Colour, Lighting
- Presentation developer with Computerised drawings
- Graphic Designer and Visualizer
- Concept developer
Opportunities for further education-
- MSc. in Resource Management
- Educational opportunities abroad in Advance Interior Design
- Scope to study Product Design
- Specialize in Ergonomics of Interior Spaces
- Ph.D. after Master’s programme
- Member of Indian Institute of Interior Designers