Program:B.Sc. Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
The degree program in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics provides in-depth insight into the science of nutrition, healthy diet planning across a human’s life cycle. This professional course aims at clinical treatment of diseases by dietary intervention and related biological science to improve health in the community. The course provides deeper understanding of the various metabolic pathways, role of macro and micro nutrients in biological, chemical and regulatory mechanisms in the body. It helps in understanding the connection between nutrition, fitness/athletic performance and allied health sciences with on the job training.
Duration :3 years.
Eligibility :H. Sc in Home Science/Science with Chemistry & Biology
- To develop skill and confidence to make informed decisions about healthy diet in health and disease.
- To learn composition and chemistry of different foods and changes that occur during cooking/processing of foods.
- To apply the knowledge of food microbiology, sanitation and hygiene in food production and service.
- To study the fundamentals of the science of nutrition in relation to macro and micro nutrients.
- To understand the working and management of the dietary departments of the various organizations.
This Course May Be The Right Choice For Those Who
- You have interest in science, physiology and health
- Want to gain in-depth knowledge of nutrition and health
- Be creative in planning healthy normal and therapeutic diets
- Have a curious mind and a scientific temper to learn allied health sciences
- Nutritionist, Dietitians, Consultants
- Multi speciality & Speciality Hospitals, Wellness centres, Schools, Yoga & Ayurvedic Centres
- Food and Nutrition Communication & Journalism – NGO’s associated with Community health
- Food Analyst -Quality control lab. / Product Managers in Neutraceuticals Industry
- Marketing team members for Pharmaceutical & Neutraceutical Industry
- Entrepreneur in the area of Food production & Service
Opportunities For Further education :
- Masters in -Food Science and Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Processing and Technology, Sports Nutrition, Neutraceuticals, Public Health
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
- Post Graduate Certificate in Specialized Dietetics
- Pediatric nutrition/ Renal nutrition/ Diabetes and cardiac care/ Cancer Nutrition and Critical Care
- Certificate course in Bariatric Nutrition (online course)