INFRASTRUCTURE AND LEARNING RESOURCES
The college is quite well endowed in terms of the following physical infrastructure :
- There are 13 Classrooms – 6 large and 3 medium sized and 4 small rooms.
- There is a Virtual classroom which is well equipped.
- Laboratories are 16 in number. The Interior Design laboratory and Bajaj laboratory are used for the Certificate and Diploma programs in Interior Design and Travel & Tourism respectively. The Textile laboratory is used other than the degree course, for the Diploma course in Fashion Designing.
- Administrative Area : Principal’s office, Vice principal’s office, One large central office, Examination department, Conference Room
- The college has a common room for the students.
- The non-teaching members have a separate room for lunch.
- There are separate wash rooms for students, ladies and gents staff, regular supply of running water.
- There is a university canteen in the premises.
- Water supply is very regularly during the entire college duration each day.
- 4 to 5 drinking water outlets with water coolers and Aqua guard water purifiers.
- Power supply is regular.
- Classroom and laboratories are optimally used.
- Mobile bulletin boards are used regularly for exhibitions in the college.
- There is a heavy demand by students for their class presentation of the Laptops, LCD Projectors, OPH, T.V, Bulletin Boards, Mike, Slide Projectors, Computer and Tape Recorders. The lecturers too book the above mentioned equipments for teaching.
- All major class rooms have computers and LCD projectors. Two class rooms are equipped with ‘Interactive teaching boards’ for better teaching and learning process.
- Laboratories of various departments have been refurbished through the grants under CPE Phase III.
- Photocopying machines are used for work, related to central office and the exam department.
- The computer department uses its computers to teach the subjects viz. Basic Computers and Computer Applications, Computer Aided Designs etc. The Computer Department also uses its computers for the Certificate Course 3D-Animation.
- The recording studio apart from using the mixing consoles (digital and analogue) Microphones etc. for the degree course, also utilizes the sound machines for the certificate course in Sound Recording which is open to public.
- The SLR manual cameras, digital compact cameras, soft lights, photography studio, photograph printing machines, etc. are used apart from the Degree course in photography as well as for the certificate course.
Health related support servicesfor day scholars and staff:
- The college has appointed a qualified Medical Officer (Doctor), who is present on the premises thrice in the week for 2 hours each day. This doctor’s clinic is also in the vicinity, so on other days, in case of urgent need she can be contacted and available promptly.
- There is a medical room for person to rest in case of physical discomfort.
- To address the issue of mental health, a counselor is appointed, who guides and counsels students especially during the stressful periods of exam as well as other personal issues.
- The college has also liaison with Asha Parekh Nursing Home
- At Juhu, SNDT Campus there is ample space and Grounds for Sports activities. There is a concrete Basketball Court, two volleyball court and 200 meters track. There is a Table Tennis room as well.
- The students avail of the above said facilities as and when they are free.
- The college has a Sports Coordinator who ensures that all the events happening in the University are communicated to the students. They are encouraged to participate and represent the institute in varied sports and games like Taekwondo, Judo, Basketball, Volleyball, Cricket, Badminton, Table Tennis to name a few.
Residential requirements of outstation students:
- Hostel accommodation is provided by the S.N.D.T. University at the Juhu campus and the Churchgate campus.
- Residential facilities are for Degree College students of SVT.
- The University has allocated 5% occupancy for students of the SVT College of Home Science, which amounts to 17 seats in total. They are mainly housed at the Juhu campus.
- SVT students live in hostel shared by students of other faculties of the SNDT University.
- The hostel provides fours meals throughout the day.
Since the hotel is under the purview of the University, all these facilities are decided by the University.
- There is a recreation room, which has TV, Music, Carrom boards, and adequate place to do exercise or yoga. The expansive campus provides scope for activities like jogging and other forms of exercise to the students, Broadband connectivity / Wi-Fi facility in hostel/s.