ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA & ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR B.Sc (HONORS) PROGRAM (140 CREDITS) ; B.Sc. (REGULAR) PROGRAM (120 CREDITS) IN SEVEN SPECILIZATIONS UNDER FACULTY OF HOME SCIENCE OFFERED BY SIR VITHALDAS THACKERSEY COLLEGE OF HOME SCIENCE (AUTONOMOUS), S.N.D.T. WOMEN’S UNIVERSITY, JUHU, MUMBAI.
2.Early Childhood Care and Education
3.Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
4.Hospitality and Tourism Management
5.Interior Design and Resource Management
6.Mass Communication and Extension
7.Textiles and Apparel Designing
- HSC or Std. XII Examination or its equivalent with English as one of the papers.For Specialization in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics only students with Chemistry and Biology in XII grade are eligible.
- A student of the other University seeking admission to the B.Sc. Program under faculty of Home Science shall apply to the S.N.D.T. Women’s University for a Certificate of Eligibility / Migration Certificate. No graduate of other University shall be admitted to the College except on the production of a Certificate of Eligibility, issued by the University.
- The University may issue a Provisional Certificate of Eligibility if it is satisfied that the applicant is prime facie eligible for admission to this University. Such provisional certificate shall enable the candidate to get admission to the College at her own risk, on the condition that she obtains a Final Certificate of Eligibility and Migration before the close of the academic term in which the candidate is provisionally admitted to the University.
- Application forms of candidates from other university will not be accepted if they are not accompanied by Provisional Certificate of Eligibility. Similarly the Transfer Certificate will have to be produced by the candidate wherever necessary. If a candidate FAILS to obtain the Final Certificate of Eligibility and Migration Certificate if coming from other than S.N.D.T. Women’s University and Transfer Certificate from college of S.N.D.T. Women’s University before the close of the academic term, in which she is provisionally admitted to the University, her admission to the College during the term is liable to be cancelled.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMS :
- The Duration of BSc. (Honors) and BSc. (Regular) Program under faculty of Home Science is three years / six semesters. Each semester consists of 14 to 16 weeks.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION : English
PROCEDURE OF ADMISSION:
The admission shall be made strictlyon the basis of merit criteria notified by the College after taking into account the reservation order issued by the government from time to time.
PROCEDURE OF APPLICATION:
Student desirous to join the Degree program at Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous) should apply online at the S.N.D.T. Women’s University Portal http://sndt.digitaluniversity.acunder S.V.T. College of Home Science (Autonomous). The online form should be filled and a print out of the same should be submitted to the college with the following documents:-
1. Marksheet of H.S.C. Examination with two attested photocopies (xerox copies).
2. School / College leaving certificate
3. Two passport size photographs to be submitted with the admission form and one for identity card.
4. Application from outside the state of Maharashtra will be required to submit the following additional documents.
a) Migration Certificate from the previous Board
b) Passing certificate of the H.S.C. (or Equivalent) examination along with the attested photocopy.
c) Transfer / Leaving Certificate from the School / College previously attended.
d) Eligibility Certificate from S.N.D.T. Women’s University.
5. Photocopy of Caste / Physically Handicapped certificate (which ever applicable)/
Learning Disability Certificate.
6. The eligible SC/ST, OBC, PWD students etc. should submit their scholarship form for the academic year before the first unit test (August) for processing scholarship to SC/ST, OBC, PWD etc. each year.
PROCEDURE FOR CHOICE OF SPECIALIZATION IN BSc. PROGRAM AT SIR VITHALDAS THACKERSEY COLLEGE OF HOME SCIENCE(AUTONOMOUS), S.N.D.T. WOMEN’S UNIVERSITY, JUHU, MUMBAI.
- The student should fill up an additional hard copy of a form for the preference for the specialization of BSc. Program (1 to 7).
- The student should indicate more than six specializations as per the choice and rank them accordingly. Incase the student does not get her first choice by merit her other choices will be considered as per seats available in that particular specialization.
- A form indicating less than four specializations cannot be considered for second list (in case the student does not get her first choice by merit).
- Students whose names are displayed in First list (in any specialization) should secure admission to that particular specialization by paying the fees. If they do not pay fees & secure admission as per first merit list they will not be considered for second merit list. If there is seat vacant for their first preference they will be automatically transferred to that particular specialization in the second list.
- Incase if a student has not got admission in the choice of specialization after the Third list, she should apply for transfer in specialization of her choice in the proforma available in Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous) office. The request will be considered ONLY on the basis of merit and availability of seats available incase there are dropouts.
- CHOICE OF GE SUBJECTS IN SEMESTER I AND II OF THE F.Y. B.SC.
-Students have to indicate the choice of Generic Elective GE courses offered in Semester I and II.
-ALL students must indicate their choice for ALL the GE courses regardless of their choice of the Specialisation.
-‘Lottery system’ will be used to select candidates where the demand is more than the seats available for a certain GE course.
-The final list of GE courses a student will actually learn will be confirmed after the admissions are finalized.
- PERMISSION TO DO B.Sc. IN OTHER AREASAS OF SPECIALIZATION A student who has obtained B. Sc. Degree of this College in one major would be permitted to secure admission for another major or specialization. In such cases a degree would be awarded in the second major, provided she has completed all requirements, i.e. all credits of Core courses (CC) and Discipline specific Elective (DSE) courses offered to a specialization. However exemption will be given to the course already completed in the first major / specialization.