READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY ANF FOLLOW THE LINK GIVEN FOR ADMISSION PROCEDURE
Students who have passed HSc or Std. XII examination or it’s equivalent with English as one of the papers are eligible to take admission. For Specialization in Food and Nutrition only students with Chemistry and Biology in XII grade are eligible. A student of the other University seeking admission to the B.Sc. Program under faculty of Home Science shall apply to the SNDT Women’s University for a Certificate of Eligibility / Migration Certificate. No student of other University shall be admitted to the College except on the production of a Certificate of Eligibility, issued by the University. The University may issue a Provisional Certificate of Eligibility if it is satisfied that the applicant is prima facie eligible for admission to this University. Such provisional certificate shall enable the candidate to get admission to the College at her own risk, on the condition that she obtains a Final Certificate of Eligibility and Migration before the close of the academic term in which the candidate is provisionally admitted to the University. Application forms of candidates from other university will not be accepted if they are not accompanied by Provisional Certificate of Eligibility. Similarly the Transfer Certificate will have to be produced by the candidate wherever necessary. If a candidate fails to obtain the Final Certificate of Eligibility and Migration Certificate while coming from other than S.N.D.T. Women’s University and Transfer Certificate from college of S.N.D.T. Women’s University before the close of the academic term, in which she is provisionally admitted to the University, her admission to the College during the term is liable to be cancelled.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMS :
The Duration of B.Sc. Degree program under faculty of Home Science is three
years / six semesters. Each semester consists of 14 to 16 weeks.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION : English
PROCEDURE OF ADMISSION:
The admission shall be made strictly on the basis of merit criteria notified by
the College after taking into account the reservation order issued by thegovernment from time to time.
PROCEDURE OF APPLICATION:
- Student desirous to join the Degree program at Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous) should first apply online at the S.N.D.T. Women’s University Portal http://sndt.digitaluniversity.ac under Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous). Take a printout of the admission form submitted online for submission at the college.
- The student should also visit the college website www.svt.edu.in and then follow the link given for FYBSc Admissions- Under Graduates (Senior College) http://vancotech.info/Admissions/Graduates/index.html Here the students has to give her preference for specialization as well as Generic Electives (GE) courses offered for F.Y.B.Sc. Take a printout of this “Admissions- Under Graduates (Senior College)” for submission in college.
- Submit both the forms along with the documents stated below
- Mark sheet of H.S.C. Examination with two attested photocopies (Xerox copies)
- School / College leaving certificate
- Two passport size photographs to be submitted with the admission form and one for identity card
- Applicants from outside the state of Maharashtra will be required to submit the following additional documents
- Migration Certificate from the previous Board
- Passing certificate of the H.S.C. (or Equivalent) examination along with the attested photocopy
- Transfer / Leaving Certificate from the School / College previously attended
- Eligibility Certificate from S.N.D.T. Women’s University
- Attested photocopy of appropriate certificate for any of the following whichever is applicable:
- Physically Handicapped
- Learning Disability Certificate
- The eligible SC / ST students should submit their scholarship form with all the required documents for the academic year. The admission of the candidate will be kept provisional and they will be asked to pay the fees before July 31 st .
SECURING ADMISSION (Most important things to be noted:)
- Students whose names are declared in the first list (in any specialization) should secure admission to that particular specialization by paying the fees.
- If they do not pay the fees and secure admission as per the firstIII. merit list they will not be considered for second merit list.
- If there is seat vacant for their first / second preference they will be automatically transferred to that particular specialization in the second / third list on the basis of merit.
STUDENTS WITH LEARNING DISABILITY:
- Share information on any learning disability of the candidate at the time of
admission. It will be given (in confidence) to the Examination Department and
the teachers concerned.
- These students must prepare a file with the following documents.
- Photocopy / second set of the completed admission form (along with
photocopies of all the documents attached)
- All the appropriate certificates of the learning disability
- Concessions needed for assignments and evaluation
This file should be submitted along with the admission form. The file is then forwarded to the Learning Disability Committee for further action. The students will be advised regarding the application to be submitted to the Controler of Examination to get the required concession.
CHOICE of GE SUBJECTS IN SEMESTER I and II of F.Y. B.SC.
- Each student is allowed choose TWO GE courses per semester out of the options given.
- If the demand for a given GE course is more than the seats available then the decision of the College Management will be final.
- The final list of GE courses a student will actually learn will be confirmed after the admissions are finalized.
B.Sc. (HONORS / REGULAR) IN OTHER AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
A student who has obtained B. Sc. Degree of this College in one major would be permitted to secure admission for another major or specialization. In such cases a degree would be awarded in the second major, provided she has completed all requirements, i.e. all credits of Core courses (CC) and Discipline specific Elective (DSE) courses offered to a specialization. However exemption will be given to the course already completed in the first major / specialization.