ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA & ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR B.Sc (HONORS) PROGRAM (140 CREDITS) ; B.Sc. (REGULAR) PROGRAM (120 CREDITS) IN SEVEN SPECILIZATIONS UNDER FACULTY OF HOME SCIENCE OFFERED BY SIR VITHALDAS THACKERSEY COLLEGE OF HOME SCIENCE (AUTONOMOUS), S.N.D.T. WOMEN’S UNIVERSITY, JUHU, MUMBAI.
The admission policy of Sir VithaldasThackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous), S.N.D.T. Women’s university, Mumbai is based on the following.
- Maharashtra State Government Norms including the reservation policy
- S.N.D.T. Women’s University Norms
- Students who have passed H.Sc. or Std. XII examination or its equivalent with English as one of the papers, are eligible to take admission for B.Sc. Home Science program.For Specialization in Food, Nutrition only students with Chemistry and Biology in XII grade are eligible.
- A student of the other University seeking admission to the B.Sc. Program under Faculty of Home Science shall apply to the SNDT Women’s University for a Certificate of Eligibility / Migration Certificate. No student of other University shall be admitted to the College except on the production of a Certificate ofEligibility, issued by the University.
- The University may issue a Provisional Certificate of Eligibility if it is satisfied that the applicant is primafacie eligible for admission to this University. Such provisional certificate shall enable the candidate to getadmission to the College at her own risk, on the condition that she obtains a Final Certificate of Eligibilityand Migration before the close of the academic term in which the candidate is provisionally admitted to the University.
- Application forms of candidates from other university will not be accepted if they are not accompanied by Provisional Certificate of Eligibility. Similarly the Transfer Certificate will have to be produced by thecandidate wherever necessary. If a candidate fails to obtain the Final Certificate of Eligibility andMigration Certificate while coming from other than S.N.D.T. Women’s University and Transfer Certificate from college of S.N.D.T. Women’s University before the close of the academic term, in which she isprovisionally admitted to the University, her admission to the College during the term is liable to be cancelled.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMS :
- The Duration of B.Sc. (Honors / Regular) Degree program under faculty of Home Science is three years /six semesters. Each semester consists of 14 to 16 weeks.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION : English
PROCEDURE OF ADMISSION:
The admission shall be made strictly on the basis of merit criteria notified by the College after taking intoaccount the reservation order issued by the government from time to time.
PROCEDURE OF APPLICATION:
- Student desirous to join the Degree program at Sir VithaldasThackersey College of Home Science(Autonomous) should apply online at the S.N.D.T.Women’s University Portalhttp://sndt.digitaluniversity.ac under Sir VithaldasThackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous).
- Take the printout of the admission form submitted online and visit the College to fill up the offline form.This includes the form for choice of specialization as well as the form for choice of Generic elective (GE)courses offered to F.Y.B.Sc.
- Mark sheet of H.S.C. Examination with two attested photocopies (Xerox copies)
- School / Collegeleaving certificate
- Two passport size photographs to be submitted with the admission form and one for identity card
- Applicants from outside the state of Maharashtra will be required to submit the following additional documents
- Migration Certificate from the previous Board
- Passing certificate of the H.S.C. (or Equivalent) examination along with the attested photocopy
- Transfer / Leaving Certificate from the School / College previously attended
- Eligibility Certificatefrom S.N.D.T. Women’s University
- Attested photocopy of appropriate certificate for any of the following whichever is applicable:
- Physically Handicapped
- Learning Disability Certificate
- The eligible SC/ST students should submit their scholarship forms (with all the necessary documents) for the academic year, before 31st July of that year. The admission of these students will be considered ‘provisional’ till they submit all the documents. Students who fail to complete the on-line procedure for scholarship will be asked to pay the full fee.
Most important things to be noted:
- Students whose names are displayed in First list (in any specialization) should secure admission to thatparticular specialization by paying the fees.If they do not pay fees and secure admission as per first merit list they will not be considered for secondmerit list.
- If there is seat vacant for their first / second preference they will be automatically transferred to that particularspecialization in the second / third list on the basis of their merit.
STUDENTS WITH LEARNING DISABILITY:
- 1. Share information on any learning disability of the candidate at the time of admission. It will begiven (in confidence) to the Examination Department and the teachers concerned.
- These students must prepare a file with the following documents.
- Photocopy / second set of the complete admission form (along with photocopies of all documents attached)
- All the appropriate certificates of the learning disability
- Concessions needed for assignments and evaluation
This file should be submitted along with the admission form. The file is then forwarded to the LearningDisability Committee for further action. The students will be advised regarding the application to be submitted to the Controller of Examination to get the required concessions
CHOICE OF SPECIALIZATION IN B.Sc. PROGRAM
The student should fill up an additional hard copy of the form in college for indicating the preferences forthe specialization of B.Sc. Program (01 to 07).
The student should indicate more than four specializations as per the choice and rank them accordingly.In case the student does not get her first choice by merit her other choices will be considered as per seatsavailable in that particular specialization.
A form indicating less than four specializations cannot be considered for second list (in case the studentdoes not get her first choice by merit).
CHOICE of GE SUBJECTS IN SEMESTER I and II of F.Y. B.SC.
Students have to indicate the choice of Generic Elective GE courses offered in Semester I and II. details of the GE courses can be referred from the college website or academic display in the college.
All students must indicate their choice for ALL the GE courses regardless of their choice of theSpecialization.
‘Lottery system’ will be used to select candidates where the demand is more than the seats available fora certain GE course.
The final list of GE courses a student will actually learn will be confirmed after the admissions arefinalized.
B.Sc. (HONORS / REGULAR) IN OTHER AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
A student who has obtained B. Sc. Degree of this College in one major would be permitted to secureadmission for another major or specialization. In such cases a degree would be awarded in the secondmajor, provided she has completed all requirements, i.e. all credits of Core courses (CC) and DisciplineSpecific Elective (DSE) courses offered to a specialization. However exemption will be given to the coursealready completed in the first major / specialization.